I've been watching the Pinwheel Party Quilt-Along on the twiddletails blog for a while. I just love seeing how different the blocks look with the different fabrics.  I had no plans to join in but well, you know what happened next. I've decided to jump in and join the fun. I've chosen a rather weird looking black and white fabric for the background.  The pinwheels will be scrappy. The sashing and border is made out of the background fabric with small pinwheels intermixed.  They are on week 8 so I am a tad bit behind (now there is an understatement!).  I've been working on it this last week and now have 5 blocks done.  I've never done pinwheels and I admit I find them to be a bit tedious.  I'm getting faster though and getting better at it. What I don't understand, and I am not just talking about this quilt, is why my blocks are NEVER the right size. They are always smaller than they are supposed to be.  I measured my seams again today and they are 1/4 inch. I use a variety of rulers and it's hard to believe they would all be wrong.  I just don't get it.


Today we received our first block in the $5 BOTM being offered by SharedStitches, a local quilt shop located in Cameron Park.  It will be a lesson in points. Oh, lucky me!  This is absolutely the last quilt I am going to start for a very long time. I need to finish up some of my many projects and spend time cleaning up and organizing the sewing room.  Warmer weather is also right around the corner and the garden is calling. I am so glad this one is one block a month


Want to meet my sewing buddy?  This is Aragorn. He is around 10 months old. I adopted him from the local animal shelter last Sept.  He thinks that everything in my sewing room is his and he should sleep on all fabric.  He is the reason I need to clean up my sewing room!