The center portion of this quilt is called "Afternoon Delight" because you are supposed to be able to make it in an afternoon. Yeah, right. It took me weeks. I think of all the work I have done, this quilt defied me the most. Nothing lined up. It was so frustrating but the experience was valuable because it did send me back to the books to figure out what I was doing wrong. From this quilt I learned that you cannot ignore the basics and have to pay attention to the details.  My technique really improved afterward.  The fabrics came from my stash and the border is my own design.  The picture does not do this quilt justice. The colors are really very deep and vibrant and mesh very well.   I think the other thing that I notice with the quilt is that I frequently use black. I like the way it makes the color pop.